May 29, 2008

Why it's a taboo for women to date younger man??? While it's ok for men to date YOUNGER Women????

I was up early in the morning today and listening to the Mix FM DJs having a talk about women dating younger men and men dating younger women. It was really an interesting talk you see. I really like it..
If you are a woman? Do you mind dating man..let say 3-10 years younger than you? Why does our society tend to think negatively when come to this kind of relationship? Example:
  • My neighbour at hometown last time..The wife is 10 years older than the husband. So the other 'kepohci' neighbours started to talk about it and predicted that kind of marriage won't last long. Like WTH right?? Who the heck they think they are to say like that?? The husband was really good looking, tall and a very good person who goes to church every Sunday. The wife is pretty, but she was already in her 30's when they got married. Many of our 'kepochi' neighbour who we call CNN, starting to make prediction that the husband will look for a younger lady when the wife reached the age of 40's.
  • My sister married to my BIL who is 4 years younger than her..The same prediction given to them. It's like marrying younger man is a curse to the older women.
  • Mariah Carey with new husband..heheheeeee I think everybody know that she married with so much younger man..And lots of talk about that..

So base on these examples, can somebody tell me..what is wrong with women dating / married with younger men?? Why society tend to be biased with older women with young man?? Let say if I was to date a man who is 5 years younger than me, I'm sure there my friend will hooo hoooo haaaa haaaaa on me...heheheee

In another perspective, why no discrimination against older men with a much..much younger women..

  • Do you think our society will talk about older men having a very young chick who looks like his daughter around him?
  • How about 60++ man got married with a 20 years old girl???? Anybody will talk about it?? Maybe there will be, but only how good and 'terror' the man who managed to get a young wife like that. Right..

So enlighten me guys, Why it's a taboo for women to date / marry younger men??? While it's ok for men to date / marry YOUNGER Women????

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, well with regards to this topic...for me its just the mentality of our society that girl are suppose to marry someone who is at least "their age" or "preferably" older.Mungkin la...hehehe intresting post however...

KaDusMama said...

Urang ranau ~ Yay!! Lama tia nampak ko..Pa kabar..
Yep..i think its the mentality..tapi..kenapa ah?? what is wrong with different age couple (ppoan tua sket) if they in love? hmmmm..

Little Inbox said...

Last time I worked as a temporary teacher in a secondary school during my semester break. Then I used to help up my students on counselling sort of thing, and all of them are boys. Then in the end turn up my student approached me to be his gf, alamak, really cannot take it lar...8 years younger than me lor. I'm kolot may be.

KaDusMama said...

little inbox ~ WAH!!!!!! your student want to mengorat you kah??hhehehee..maybe if boy with adult not acceptable lah..but what about 30's old women with 20's old men?? can or not?

berry said...

they are jeles lah that coz some women can get younger men! ha,ha,ha... a kepoh is always a kepoh CNN! LoL..
when a guy gets a way younger gal pula kana puji kunun.. cis.. what lah this society.. close minded betul.. jsut let people be lah kan..
tapi honestly I don't have a thing for younger men.. ha,ha. just friends.. ;-b

zewt said...

i think it's more of the girl willing to accept it or not. i think if a guy wants it... he will go for it.

Linachu said...

shouldnt be a taboo bah..especially now that life is soo modern and all, people shouldn't have that type of thinking anymore. if the guy is younger but gorgeous, baik hati, etc..why not?? you cant really plan who you're gonna fall in love with. demi moore and ashton kutcher are still together!

Aunty J said...

I don't understand wat's the fuss abt...to me as long as they are happy, marrying someone who is much younger is their own biz. I for one oso married a younger guy ma...hehehe...well a yr younger la hehehe...

KaDusMama said...

Olie ~ Yeah! There is a truth of what you said..maybe dorang jelous because the lady can get younger hunk bah tu kan..but come to old man with young chick..hmmm teda pulak bising2 kan..

sewt ~ YAY!!!! You are in my blog..been one of your reader's for sooo long..Anyway, yeah..like my sister, she is ok with his younger husband, but it was our neighbour who talks about it and make many kind of prediction on what will happend to their marriage..Bad right!!?

linachu ~ Yeah! It shouldn't be a taboo bah tu..but i don't understand why people still make a fuss about it..Not like a 20yrs woman dating with 10years old boy pun..that might be different la..

Aunty J ~ Hi long time no see..Ya!! ya!! As long as they are happy kan..nothing else matter..and don't worry, there is nothing with the 1 year age gap..

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

I agree with Anuty J, what's the big fuss? As long as they're happy together, that's all that should matter. Some people are just jealous they can't find younger man for themselves la ... LOL!

KaDusMama said...

Nick ~ Hahaha!! Jelous huh?

ღ NinieJane ღ said...

.. hehe nice topic! i dun mind dating wt the younger man.. after all, is not like the age determine the happiness of the relationship. might be, but not 100% i guess. hehe.. sa pun dating org muda juga ni :P ~ no wonder! haha

KaDusMama said...

Ninie Jane ~ Ya lah!! Its not the age bah that..kan??
Pstt..ko dating with younger man?? hehee sepa tu?? DO i know him??

Kiersten said...

I think it's a matter of whether a woman can accept the man being younger than her or not.

Take away the age factor, and it boils down to just numbers.

For me, I cannot accept it (yet!) but if the right guy comes along, then again, why not?

KaDusMama said...

Lil ms pinky ~ Ya! If the woman can accept it, nobody should care about it..right?

Anonymous said...

It's all about Menopause... i think you all got my point.

KaDusMama said...

rey ~ What's with menopause??

Wel^Beiolman said...

i dont mind at all..admire that woman actually also that man..taboo?no..it just they're being matured in a way of stupid moron does..ok what...aha..

Rafiq Abdul Rahim said...

I agree with Lil' Miss Pinky..It comes down to chemistry and the age is just a number after that. When I was 16, I once went out with a college girl. It didn't work out in the end. I guess I wasn't matured for someone her age. Maturity is important for things to work out between the couple too, especially if the age gap is big.

5xmom.com said...

LOL, my #2 send me this link. WTF, I wonder what is he trying to tell me? (he isn't home now, I got the link thru MSN which he sent last nite after I went to sleep)

I want to date a man 10 years my junior!!! But too bad, I am not filthy rich to own a toyboy. *sigh*

KaDusMama said...

5xmom.com ~ Hahahahahaha!!! Got..if you really want. You son being nice to you leh..he wants you to know, nothing is actually wrong if you want to date younger man.. :P